Recent Blog Posts

The 2017 Sarasota Short Film Community Contest

The 2017 Sarasota Community Short Film Competition Phase 1 & 2 Winners to be announced August 2nd. Phase 3 begins August 3rd!

The winning amateur writers and ...


2017 Sarasota Short Film Sponsorship

Consider becoming a sponsor of the 2017 Sarasota Short Film Community Contest.

Individual donors can use the form below to support this special event.

Corporate Sponsors are also ...


Purchase The Dreamwalkers Benefit Concert Tickets

Purchase tickets here for The Dreamwalkers benefit concert on June 11. ...


The Dreamwalkers Benefit Concert

An Evening of Enlightenment and Positive Energy – Community Outreach Concert Hosted by Temple Beth Shalom to Benefit Brandi’s Wish Foundation Sunday, June 11th 7 pm Temple Beth ...




Our Mission

Brandi’s Wish Foundation was founded in March 2011 out of a personal tragedy and the death of 18 year old Brandi Shea Meshad due to prescription drug poisoning. Our mission is to raise awareness through education and offer preventive solutions to teens and their families regarding the dangers of prescription drug misuse and abuse. We believe that every teenager can achieve their wishes and dreams for a healthy and successful future by living a drug-free life. We believe the deaths that occur from the misuse and abuse of prescription medications are preventable. We believe we must change the way communities perceive addiction and the victims of this disease and proactively work to educate children, parents and community members to remove the stigma associated with it.


Brandi’s Wish Partners with Southwest Florida Films
for the 2017 Sarasota County Community Short Film Competition

Brandi’s Wish Foundation was created to raise awareness of the dangers of prescription drug use and abuse. Watch the moving testimonials of the teens whose lives have been saved. They are proof that film is a powerful medium that can influence people’s lives.

Screenwriters, director, actors, and crew are eager to make high quality films in Sarasota, but without film incentives from the state of Florida, it’s a huge challenge to fund productions here. Southwest Florida Films was created to re-energize the local film community. It all begins with the 2017 Sarasota Community Short Film Competition.

Your donation to help produce three award-winning short films is fully tax deductible. Seven percent (7%) of all donations will go to Brandi’s Wish to further the cause of ensuring that every teenager can achieve their wishes and dreams for a healthy and successful future by living a drug-free life. The remaining ninety-three percent (93%) will go into producing these contest-winning short films in support of the local filmmakers.

Southwest Florida Films receives no fees for producing these films nor for running the competition. The judges, mentors, and producers are all donating their time and expertise so that the money goes to hiring local crew cast, artists and craftsmen and locations.

Join us in supporting our local film community!

Donate Now

For more information go to www.southwestfloridafilms.com